Handrolled. Family run since 1931. My favorite pretzel. This weekend I visited my hometown of Lancaster, PA and stopped by Hammonds Pretzels. Arguably the best handrolled pretzel. They beat Rold Gold, any day, hands down.
With pleasure, I am giving away 5 bags of Hammonds Pretzels in a random worldwide drawing [see below for contest info]. First, I get an inside look at Hammonds.
Last week, Martin's Pretzels in Union Square in NYC knocked Hammonds as an inferior pretzel. Hammonds owner Karen Achtermann defends their quality and sets the record straight.
I get a private factory tour - a truly authentic operation.
"We traveled from Vermont to Pennsylvania for these pretzels, they are the best." - As told by the couple checking out next to me.
(Thanks for taking the above video. Somehow I misplaced your names, email me and I'll give you a personal thanks.)
The rules are simple:
- Contest closes at 10pm EST on Wednesday, October 21 2009
- 5 winners will be randomly drawn
- Will ship anywhere in the world (When someone from Sri Lanka wins, I will definitely regret this)
- Enter your name, email address and your state/country.
- The drawing will be held immediately after the contest closes (drawing will be held at 11pm EST on Wednesday October 21 2009) and winners will be contacted via email.
Contest is now Closed